Using WebSearch Toolbar
I don't want WebSearch to be my Default Search Provider
If you have the WebSearch Toolbar set to protect from search provider changing, then please follow the steps below to allow the change:
- Open WebSearch Toolbar settings (click the drop down arrow next to the WebSearch icon).
- Click the "Settings" option. Go to "Advanced Settings".
- Uncheck the "Make WebSearch.com my search provider and keep it even if an application tries to change it and notify me of any attempt to change it."
- Then follow the steps below to change your default search provider.
Change Default Search Provider in Mozilla® Firefox®
- Type "about:config" into the address bar and click "Enter".
- Then click the "I’ll be careful, I promise!" button.
- Type "keyword.URL" into the search box that appears.
- Right-click on the "keyword.URL" entry and click "Modify".
- Enter the search engine you would like to search from the address bar with.
Change Default Search Provider in Google Chrome™
- Click on Google Chrome™ Settings icon (the wrench) located in the upper right hand corner of your browser window.
- Go to "Settings > Options" and click "Manage" next to your "Default search engine".
- Select your preferred search engine from the list and click “Make Default” button.
Change Default Search Provider in Internet Explorer®
- Click on the tools icon next to the address bar. Select "Manage add-ons".
- In the left menu select "Search Providers".
- Select the Search Provider that you like to set as default here.
- Click on "Set as default" button.